- 1 Aubergine , big about 200gms
- 1 tablespoon Oil for smearing the aubergine
- 3 tablespoon oil, I prefer Mustard Oil for making this dish'
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds /Jeera
- 2 tablespoon Garlic, mashed or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- A handful of Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Smear the aubergine with oil and roast directly on fire. You can also roast it in the oven.
- Remove the charred skin and mash leaving few chunks; you do not need to mash it to a paste.
- Ina pan, add oil and cumin seeds. When it splutters, add ginger and garlic.
- Add onion and saute till golden brown.
- Add the masalas and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mix well and cook till oil oozes out from the mixture.
- Add the mashed aubergine and mix well.
- Add coriander leaves, salt and lemon juice. Mix and cook for about four minutes.
- Serve hot with Indian Flatbreads like Phulka rotis or Basmati rice.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours