- 3 eggs, boiled and sliced into half
- 5 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 cup of shallots/onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, mashed
- 3 green chilies, slit
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon Chettinad Spice Mix
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the sliced eggs and fry them on both sides in medium heat. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add rest of the oil and when hot, add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add a sprig of curry leaves and shallots/onions. Add little salt and saute well.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilies, turmeric powder and chili powder. Saute.
- Add Chettinad spice mix and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and mix well. Cook until oil oozes out.
- Add water and mix well. Let it boil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add fried eggs and cook covered for about five minutes, until the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot with rice or chapathi.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours