- 1 1/4 cup milk powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup cream
- A pinch of baking soda
- Oil to fry
For Sugar Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoon, Chopped nuts (cashews/almonds), for garnishing as well
- In a bowl, mix together milk powder, all purpose flour, cream and baking soda. This will be a sticky mass, so use a spoon for mixing. Keep aside for about ten minutes.
- The dough would be much firmer now, so knead using your hand and make 12 equal sized balls. The balls should be smooth without any cracks. You can insert chopped nuts inside the balls for variation.
- Deep fry, few at a time in hot oil. You can see that the balls have puffed up now. Remove and keep aside.
- In a separate pan, add sugar, water, lemon juice and cardamon powder. Bring it to a boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove, strain and let it cool off for about ten minutes.
- Add the fried Jamuns/balls and keep aside for about two hours or more.
- Serve with sugar syrup or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.