- 3/4 cup of grated coconut
- 3 tablespoons roasted Bengal gram (Chana Dal/Pottukadalai)
- Salt, as required
- 1 green chili
- 1" ginger
- 3 dry red chilies
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon shallots, sliced round
- Water, as required
- Grind together grated coconut, roasted gram, green chili, ginger, salt and little water.
- Transfer to a hot pan and cook for a couple of minutes. You can adjust the consistency by adding water and bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Let's prepare the tempering in another pan. Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add shallots, curry leaves and dry red chilies.
- Add this tempering to the cooked coconut mixture.
- Stir and serve hot with Idli, Dosa or Uzhunnu/Medu Vada.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours