Kerala Style delicious fish cutlets cooked in traditional Indian spices
- 250 gms Tuna or any fleshy fish, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (for cooking fish)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp Curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tbsp Garam masala powder
- 1 medium Potato, boiled and mashed (or grated)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil, for deep frying
- Steam or cook the cleaned fish pieces in a little water with salt and turmeric powder.
- In a pan, add coconut oil.
- Saute onion, ginger, curry leaves, turmeric powder, and garam masala.
- Shred cooked fish and add it to the above mixture.
- Saute and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Cook for a few minutes more so that spices are well subsumed.
- Once cooled down, let's shape and bind the cutlets. Take a small portion of the mixture and make the desired shape.
- Dip in a beaten egg and then coat well with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry until golden.
- Relish the cutlets with pickled onion, beets and ketchup.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Appetizer/Snack
- Cuisine: Kerala