Sweet Corn Chicken Soup is a light and creamy soup made with creamed sweet corn, chicken stock and egg drop.
- Creamed corn – 1 can of 400gm or Sweet corn – 1 cup
- Chicken stock – 1 cup
- Cooked Shredded chicken – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1cup
- Ginger – 1 tsp minced
- Garlic – 1 tsp minced
- Corn flour, – 1 tbsp mixed in 1/2 cup water
- Soy sauce – 1tsp
- Green chillies- 1, finely chopped (optional)
- Egg – 1, whisked
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Spring onion greens – for garnish
- In a saucepan, add chicken stock, water, creamed corn, soy sauce, ginger and garlic and bring it to a boil.
- Add in the salt and pepper. Turn down the heat to medium.
- Add in the cooked shredded chicken and cook further for 5 mins.
- Add the corn flour slurry and cook till it thickens stirring occasionally.
- Pour in whisked egg into the soup slowly, but stirring simultaneously. This enables to cook in ribbons throughout the soup. Cook further for 5-10 mins and check the seasoning.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve piping hot.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Serving Size: 6