Boneless chicken chunks marinated in Achari masala, yogurt, and other spices and grilled to juicy perfection – Achari Chicken Tikka is a definite crowd-pleaser. Serve with mint yogurt dip for a rendezvous!
- 250 gm Boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Chicken/Meat masala
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasturi Methi)
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt, as needed
- Oil for grilling/ Butter for basting
For Achari Masala:
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel
- 1/2 tsp Nigella seeds (Kalonji)
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp Carom seeds (Ajwain)
- 4 red chillies
- Dry roast the spices for the Achari Masala till light brown and fragrant. Allow it to cool down and blend to a coarse powder.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken chunks.
- Add all the ingredients (except the oil for frying) and a tablespoon of Achari masala which you’ve just made to the chicken.
- Marinate and keep aside for at least an hour.
- Grease the grill plates with butter/oil.
- Skewer the marinated chicken chunks and grill on both sides basting butter/oil till nicely browned. This would take about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or schezwan mayo dip
Soak the wooden skewers in water for an hour before use.
Dry roast the spices for the Achari powder till it turns light brown. Do not brown them, the masala would taste bitter.
- Category: Appetizer/Party Food
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 2