- 3 Pita Breads
For the Chilli Fish:
- 200 gram fish fillets
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic minced
- 2 fresh red chillies, chopped
- 4 spring onion whites, chopped
- 4 spring onion greens, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, crushed
- Lettuce leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Cut the Pita breads in half and gently pull part to open up the pockets. Keep aside.
- Cook the fish fillets in salted water until just cooked. It would take 5-10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- In a pan, add oil and minced ginger and garlic. Add chillies and spring onion whites. Saute.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, sugar and tomatoes. Mix and cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes are well-cooked.
- Shred the fish fillets and add it to the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper and mix. Remove from flame.
- To assemble the Pita Wrap, place a lettuce leaf inside the pocket. Spoon the chilli fish on one side of the lettuce.
- Serve immediately.
The dish defines the new-age Middle East - a mix of the traditional with the modern. The very traditional Pita bread is wrapped with Asian flavors resulting in a 'pocket full of flavor' - Chilli Fish Pita Wraps pack a flavor punch- bold, clean and bright and can be easily made when you've unexpected hungry guests.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 3