A layered spongy cake for your dog's birthday- filled with the goodness of peanut butter, carrots, and honey, and frosted with "fluffy buttercream."
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (Unsalted, Unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 yogurt/hung curd
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch cake pan.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick/fork at the center of the cake and check if it comes clean. If so, the cake is cooked.
- Let the cake rest for five minutes and remove the cake to a wired rack. Let it cool.
- Whip together peanut butter and yogurt.
The recipe makes one 8" cake. The recipe can easily be doubled. I made two cakes and spread the frosting between layers and over the cake.
To one of the cakes, I also added 1/4 cup finely cubed chicken pieces. So, go wild!
The ingredients of this cake have been determined safe by the author for her dog. Please check with a veterinarian in case of any questions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Cakes, Dog Treats
- Serving Size: 1 slice