This Indonesian Fried Rice is a breakfast dish made with leftover rice and a flavoring paste. Top it with a sunny-side-up fried egg, julienned tomato and cucumber.
- 150gms Shrimp (or thinly sliced Chicken)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Kecap manis
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Peanut oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Red chillies, slit
- 2 tbsp Kecap manis
- 2 tsp Shrimp paste
- 2 Sunny-Side Up Fried Eggs
- Crispy Fried Shallots
- Julienned Tomato/Cucumber
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add the protein. I have used shrimps here. Saute for a couple of minutes until cooked through. Remove and keep aside.
- To the same pan, add peanut oil and the remaining oil.
- Add onion and garlic and saute till brown.
- Add kecap manis and shrimp paste. Mix well. Cook for about a minute.
- Add rice and combine well. Also, add shrimps at this stage.
- Stir for a couple of minutes, till the rice and shrimps are evenly coated.
- Serve hot in two bowls, topped with a fried egg each and crispy fried shallots.
You may substitute kecap minis with 1/8 cup Light Soy Sauce and 1/8 cup Brown Sugar
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: International, Other Asian Flavours, Rice
- Cuisine: Indonesian