Here's a quick way to use that leftover rice! Prepare this delicious chicken fried rice which comes together in under 30 minutes.
- 3 cups of Leftover rice
- 200 gms Chicken
- 2-3 Garlic pods, crushed
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium Onion, finely sliced
- 3-4 Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 green Bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 red Bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Cabbage, finely sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 1.5 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Spring Onion Greens, bais-cut, for garnish
- Cook chicken in 2 cups of water. Season and add crushed garlic pods.
- In a deep wok, add oil. When the oil is hot, add garlic.
- Add green chilies and onion. Saute till the onions are slightly cooked.
- Add bell peppers and cabbage and saute in high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add soy sauce and mix well.
- Add leftover rice and combine everything well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
Add sesame oil instead of regular vegetable oil to enhance the flavour.
You may add scrambled eggs, mushrooms, green beans, sweet corn and peas as well.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chinese, Rice
- Cuisine: Chinese