Here are three ways to make a Watermelon Slushie this summer using only three ingredients!
- 750 gms Watermelon cubes, frozen
- Juice of 1 Lime
- A handful of Mint leaves
For Method 2:
- 2–3 tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup
For making Watermelon Shushie Cocktail
- A couple of Vodka shots
- Deseed and cut the watermelon into cubes.
- For making watermelon slushie using the first method, freeze them for three to four hours, best overnight. Defrost for about ten minutes before making slushie.
- Blend the watermelon cubes with lime juice and mint leaves. You shouldn’t blend it too much to make it all the way liquidy or watery. A few pulse blend will be enough to retain its coarse texture.
- Serve cold.
- To make the slushie using an alternate method, after cutting the watermelon into cubes, blend the watermelon with lime juice and honey or maple syrup. Make sure it is liquidy this time.
- Pour it into a 9×9 or 9×13 baking dish or a flat utensil. Freeze it for an hour.
- Defrost for a couple of minutes after an hour and using a fork, scrape the frozen slush.
- Repeat the process for about 6 hours and then scoop into a bowl and serve cold.
- To make the cocktail, make the slushie using method 1 or 2.
- Add a couple of vodka shots to the mixture and serve chilled.
- Category: Summer Drinks