Ulli Chammanthi is an easy-to-make Kerala Style Onion chutney made with shallots, green chillies, and coconut oil.
- 15–20 Shallots/Pearl Onions
- 3–4 Green chilies
- 2–3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Wash and peel theshallots.
- Add the shallots, green chilies, and salt to a blender.
- Pulse grind coarsely for a few seconds.
- Remove to a dipping bowl and add coconut oil. Mix well.
- Serve with steamed tapioca.
You may use 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions instead of shallots or pearl onions.
- Category: Chutney
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Kerala
Keywords: ulli chammanthi, onion chutney, small onion chutney, raw onion chutney