- 1.75kg or 4 lb Whole Chicken
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 3 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Crushed Pepper
- 2 tbsp Sriracha Sauce, optional
- 1 small boiled Potato
- 2 boiled Eggs
- 1 small Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
You may need:
- Clean the chicken well and remove the giblets. You can use it for making soup.
- Pat dry using a kitchen towel.
- Let’s make the herb seasoning. For the first seasoning, melt butter. Add minced garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Spread half of the garlic butter seasoning all over the chicken. Loosen the skin and spread underneath too. I also added the seasoning inside the chicken cavity.
- Prep the veggies or stuffing. I chopped some large chunks of carrots, onion, green bell pepper, boiled potato, and two boiled eggs. Stuff these into the cavity.
- To the remaining half of the seasoning, add paprika, crushed pepper, salt, and or sriracha sauce, if you like some heat to the roast chicken. Spread the seasoning again and tie the chicken legs together with a string.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 C or 350 F for 7 minutes.
- Place the chicken carefully in the air fryer basket and cook for 30 minutes at 200 C or 350 F.
- After 30 minutes, pull the air fryer basket and flip the chicken. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes more at 200 C or 350 F.
- Once the time is up, the roast chicken is done. Carefully remove the whole chicken roast into a serving plate and let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Instead of Italian seasoning, use mixed herbs- fresh or dried parsley, oregano, and rosemary instead.
- You may use Kashmiri Red Chili powder instead of Paprika.
- You may rest the chicken in the seasoning for 20-30 minutes before air fryer. This is optional.
- It is important to rest the chicken for about 10 minutes before serving. It is totally worth it!