Zafrani Pulao is an exotic and delicious Indian Style Saffron Rice. It is easy to make and is light on the palate without compromising on flavors.
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1/8 cup warm Milk
- 2 pinches of Saffron
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Bayleaf
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1" inch Cinnamon stick
- 3 Cardamom pods
- 10 Almonds
- 10 Pistachios
- 10 Cashews
- 10 Raisins
- 1 tbsp Sugar or Condensed Milk
- 1.5 cups Water
- Fried Onions, for garnish
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Soak saffron strands in warm milk and keep aside for about 20 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed vessel and add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Coarsely crush almonds and pistachios and add this to the pan. Mix well.
- Add the rice and mix with gentle hands.
- Pour water and add sugar or condensed milk. Mix well.
- Cook the rice until done.
- Add saffron milk and let it rest for about ten minutes.
- Fork the rice and garnish with fried onions, cashews, and raisins.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Rice
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Zafrani Pulao, Indian Saffron Rice