Zafrani Pulao is an exotic and delicious Indian Style Saffron Rice. It is easy to make and is light on the palate without compromising on flavors.
Indian Saffron Rice- the name itself sounds exotic and extravagant. It somehow represents regal and royalty, don't you think? If you are wondering how Saffron rice could be easy and quick to prepare, I assure you, this pilaf is one of the easiest rice dishes I have made.
Zafrani Pulao is made by cooking fragrant basmati rice with nuts and saffron. It is mildly sweet because of the addition of sugar or condensed milk and that makes this dish irresistible. It can be served with any Indian curry- mainly Paneer Butter Masala, Prawn Curry, or Dal Makhani.
Zafrani Pulao is
- easy to make
- fragrant and delicious
Indian Saffron Rice is often served during Eid and Diwali festivities. I'm glad I could present this dish to you just in time for Ramadan Iftar. It is also perfect to serve your guests for dinner.
Zafrani Pulao Ingredients
Zafrani Pulao makes use of basic Indian pantry staples and of course, saffron.
- Basmati Rice: Good quality, long-grained basmati rice is ideal for making Zafrani Pulao.
- Saffron: The quality of saffron you use makes or breaks the dish. So, make sure that you use only high-quality saffron.
- Sweetener: I like to use a dollop of condensed milk. But you can also use sugar.
- Dried Fruits: Almonds, Pistachios, Cashews, and Raisins are the dried fruits I used.
- Others: Ice cubes can be added while blending. It will loosen up the lassi and also helps in maintaining a low temperature. You can garnish with mint leaves, chopped mangoes, slivered almonds and crushed pistachios.
How to Make Zafrani Pulao
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Soak saffron strands in warm milk and keep aside for about 20 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed vessel and add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Coarsely crush almonds and pistachios and add this to the pan. Mix well.
- Add the rice and mix with gentle hands.
- Pour water and cook the rice until done.
- Add saffron milk and let it rest for about ten minutes.
- Fork the rice and garnish with fried onions, cashews, and raisins.
Zafrani Pulao Recipe:Print
Like this recipe? Pin it!
I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterAtoZ where I'll be sharing 26 Easy Recipes with you this April. I'm dedicating the posts to the amazing community members who helped me figure out this theme for the challenge. Thank you!