The humble appliance, the microwave, is a staple in most households and odds are, there is one in your kitchen too. And it is important that we make friends with it because the microwave is capable of way more than melting butter or reheating leftovers. That said, all it takes is a burnt bag of popcorn or an unfortunate explosion of your leftovers to turn a sparkling clean microwave into a greasy, grimy mess. Through this post, I will be sharing some quick microwave recipes to get you started as well as tips on how to clean microwave stains.
6 Quick Microwave Recipes to Get You Started
Microwaves can be used to create a wide range of tasty meals – from breakfasts to snacks, dinner, or desserts. Here are 6 easy and delicious microwave recipes that you can try that beat those dry, reheated pizza leftovers.
- Steamed Veggies:
- 1 head Broccoli
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoon Water
- Cut broccoli into florets. Wash and clean them.
- Add the broccoli florets into a microwave-safe bowl with water.
- Microwave on high power for 3 minutes.
- Remove and season with salt.
2. Scrambled Eggs:
- Oil spray
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 tablespoon Milk
- Salt, Pepper, to taste
- Grease the microwave-safe dish with oil spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high power for one minute.
- Remove, whisk again and microwave again for 30 seconds.
- Repeat in 30-second intervals, till you get the desired consistency.
3. Baked Potato:
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon shredded cheese
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Scrub the potato clean and prick with the help of a fork.
- Place into a microwave dish and cook on high power for 5 minutes.
- Turn over and repeat the process.
- Once the potato has turned soft, remove and cut lengthwise.
- Scoop the insides and transfer to another bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add butter and cheese and mash well.
- Microwave for another minute till the cheese melts.
4. Nutella Mug Cake: This soft, moist chocolate cake with Nutella is a perfect indulgence to satisfy your sweet cravings. It’s a no-fuss, 80-second recipe and you can make this with readily available ingredients from your pantry. You can also make it eggless. Check the instructions here.
5. Keto Chocolate Mug Cake: Are you on a low-carb, ketogenic diet? Fret not! Here’s a hassle-free dessert that can be made in under 5 minutes.
6. Snake Breadsticks: I’m taking the ---- to share an easy and fun treat that can be made in a convection oven. These snake breadsticks are crispy and crunchy and make for a perfect appetizer or teatime snack. You can also serve it with a bowl of soup.
How to Clean Microwave Stains
Now that we have checked out some quick and easy microwave recipes, let’s proceed to find how to clean microwave stains.
I was one of those people who was hesitant to bring my friends over to the kitchen. But it’s unavoidable in the Army fraternity as we often have officers and spouses come over to our house for a get-together and they almost always end up chatting over the kitchen. Moreover, being a food blogger, I end up filming a major part of my recipes, especially, microwave, air fryer, and grill recipes in the kitchen. It is, hence, imperative, that I keep the kitchen clean and YouTube and Instagram worthy.
So, if you’re someone who loves cooking and also entertains guests, a spotless kitchen is a must. All the fries, halwas, and delectable curries leave greasy stains and appliances like an oven, grill, and chimney along with kitchen countertop always end up looking unappealing.
As time passed, I realized, cleaning the kitchen and its appliances don’t have to give you nightmares. These days there are better cleaning products available in the market that makes the whole process easier.
How to Clean Microwave Stains Using Cif Perfect Finish Oven and Grill Cleaner
The oven and grill are two such appliances that can get greasy and dirty quite fast. It’s mostly because the grease and oil that seeps out of the food get accumulated on the surfaces. Not only does this cause the machines to malfunction, but it also affects the food and thus, our health. Therefore, we must give the kitchen electronics a deep clean every now and then.
I’m glad I found Cif Perfect Finish Oven and Grill Cleaner and I’m confident when I say it works perfectly!
Cif Oven and Grill Cleaner Review
Cif is a trusted brand since 1969, that is for over 50 years now and this specialist oven cleaner spray has been scientifically formulated to remove stubborn burnt-on grease, thus, delivering 100% tough grease removal. It can be used to remove the toughest of grease and stains from grills, hobs, and outdoor barbecue grills too.
I am sharing a good before and after picture because who doesn’t love that! It is satisfying to always see the progress of the work that you’ve done.
How to Clean Microwave Stains With Cif Perfect Finish Oven and Grill Cleaner
- Spray the cleaner on the oven and grill over the stained and greasy surface.
- Depending on the toughness of the stain, leave it on for a few minutes while the spray attacks the stains. For light-medium soil, leave for 15 minutes. For heavy stains, leave for 30-60 minutes.
- Clean, rinse, and wipe off for a spotless shiny appliance.
That’s it! This is exactly how to clean microwave stains. It is so easy to use that anyone can clean their appliance with Cif. It breaks down the oil and grease stains and leaves the surfaces with a beautiful finish and 100% shine. Cleaning the oven is a breeze now with this uncompromising, fume-free, tough-on grease oven cleaner.
Most oven cleaners have a lingering smell which I’m always afraid will taint any food I’m cooking in the oven right after. However, this product breaks up the grease easily and doesn’t leave a chemical smell in the oven. It is safe to use around food. It also restores the sparkle to the ceramic and stainless-steel ovens from the inside out.
You can clean ovens, grills, hobs, and outdoor barbecue grills with Cif Perfect Finish Oven & Grill.
Cif is a good cleaner for grubby microwave oven doors as well. You may also use it to clean grimy baking trays.
Cif Perfect Finish Oven & Grill is best used to remove stains like burnt-on food, tough grease on grills, ovens, barbecues, and hobs.
So, do not worry about how to clean microwave stains anymore. Do not let the splatters and smells on your microwave’s interior, greasy fingertips on the controls, turntables, and door scare you from using and cleaning it. Pamper your kitchen appliances with a bit of cleaning love and say hello to a sparkling as-good-as-new kitchen that is always eye-catchy, camera-ready, and Instagram-worthy.
You can either buy the product from Amazon or from your nearest store.