Snake breadsticks are a fun treat for your kids this Halloween. These crispy and crunchy long breadsticks make for a perfect appetizer, teatime snack, and you may also serve it with a bowl of soup.
Halloween isn’t really popular in India, at least not yet. I hate anything remotely spooky and I shake like a leaf even at the thought of watching a horror movie or reading a creepy thriller.
But that never stopped me from trying out some fun, spooky treats every Halloween.
Last year, I made Bloody Witch Fingers which was well-received by my friends, family and readers. I was over the moon at trying out something quite different. Instead of making a cookie, I prepared the Witch Fingers with leftover falafel dough.
Halloween Witch Fingers
Finger-shaped falafels that are shaped like witch fingers and fried Find out how nails and blood effect is achieved.
How to Make Snake Breadsticks
These snake breadsticks are easy to make and are crunchy and crispy with a wee bit of spice.
All you need is some basic ingredients from your pantry like All-purpose flour (maida), baking powder, salt, red chili flakes for the spice, oregano for flavoring, butter, grated parmesan cheese, ice-cold water, and black sesame seeds.
I have not used yeast in this recipe and hence, it doesn’t call for a long waiting period.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together to form a coarse, sand-like mixture.
- Add ice-cold water and form a smooth yet firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal parts.
- Make balls out of the equal-sized portions.
5-8. Continue till you get 16 dough balls.
9. Roll each ball into a long rope with the palm of your hands. One end should be thick for the snakes head and the rope should taper towards the other end for the tail of the snake.
10. Press and flatten the thicker end slightly and shape the snake’s head. Add two black sesame seeds to resemble the snake’s eyes. Press well, else the eyes shall fall off after baking.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for about 20-22 minutes.
Snake Breadsticks Recipe Video:
If you enjoyed this video, please subscribe to Youtube Channel and click the bell icon so you’ll be the first to know when I post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
How to Make Snake Grissini
Like the recipe? Pin it!
| For Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa Campaign
Did you make this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram @somethingis_cooking
Don’t miss out on any new updates.
Subscribe to my blog (find the subscription box below and on top of the website).
Share and connect with me on social media.
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
909 total views, 4 views today