Mayo Chicken Sandwich is a quick and easy-to-make cold chicken sandwich that is perfect for summer picnics for taking on the go.
- 8 slices of Sandwich Bread
- 250gms Leftover Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 2 cups Lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1/2 cup Full Fat Cream
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Pepper
- 100gm Butter
- 1/8 cup Ketchup
- To make Cold Chicken Sandwich, you need slices of sandwich bread. Trim the edges off and keep them aside.
- Let’s prepare the filling next. Shred some leftover rotisserie chicken.
- Let’s make the filling next. In a bowl, add mayonnaise, cream, minced garlic, mixed herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the shredded chicken and combine well.
- To assemble the chicken sandwich, spread butter on a slice of bread followed by some ketchup.
- Top it with some chopped lettuce.
- Spread the mayo chicken filling and place another slice of bread over the top to cover.
- Cut diagonally to form triangles.
- You may cut again to form smaller triangles to serve as cocktail appetizers. Enjoy!
Do not worry, if you do not have leftover roast chicken. I got you covered. Simply follow the below steps.
- Wash, clean, and pound about 250gms of chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle salt and crushed pepper onto them and coat well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chicken breasts. Flip and cook on both sides. It will take about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove and shred using a fork. You may also add the cooked chicken to a blender to get shredded chicken. However, cool the chicken before adding it to the blender.
You may also spice up the filling by adding chopped olives, jalapenos, or sun-dried tomatoes. Another option would be to add a dash of a hot sauce of your choice, like Sriracha sauce, Tabasco sauce, or Schezwan sauce.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Indian/American
Keywords: mayo chicken sandwich, cold chicken sandwich, leftover rotisserie chicken sandwich