I missed everything. Onam, Krishna Jayanti, or even my Blog Anniversary! Why? Because it has been three months since I have walked into the kitchen and cooked.
My husband has left for work and that could be for two long years. Since the time I remember, I have cooked only for him. Before my wedding, I didn’t know how to even make a perfect tea or an omelette. We had eight months of courtship period before our wedding. And that’s when I decided to learn cooking. I had a blog back then to pen down my experiments. And no, I’m never going to share it with you! 🙂 Two years and seven months into our wedding, I have attempted many recipes and he used to always savour each and every bite, every single time. So, I just couldn’t bring myself to enter into a whole new kitchen (I’m staying in a rented flat with a roommate), and cook for anyone but myself. We have had our ups and downs and today, right at this moment when I am struggling to type a few words, I am missing him. A lot.
I woke up today determined to COOK! This was only because I had a chat with a wonderful lady, a fabulous cook and mother of one of my favorite blogger. She made sure that I cook and eat. So, this one is for you, Pramila Aunty.
Well you can imagine, all I had was eggs and bread in my pantry. And I got this simple yet D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S recipe from Laura in the Kitchen.
The first bread in the pic is fried. And the second one has the yellow running, just how I like.
Two slices of bread, two eggs, two cubes of butter, salt and pepper.
- Cut a circle in the middle of a piece of bread.
- If you don’t have a round cookie cutter, the top of a glass will work.
- Heat a skillet and add a cube of butter.
- Place the bread in the pan.
- Crack an egg in the hole.
- When the egg is fairly well set, add salt and pepper as desired.
- Turn the bread and egg over to cook the other side, being careful not to break the yolk.
- Also toast the holes from the bread. You can use them for dipping in the yolk, if you like them running.
See y’all! Soon, I promise!
3,616 total views, 3 views today