Did you hear the new Bollywood number, “Gulaabo”? Peppy, isn’t it? I have been humming that since three days that my colleagues have decided to stab me. So I’m home, my roommate has gone home for a week and I took this opportunity to cook dinner tonight, obviously playing this song and singing along at the top of my lungs!
This is Egg Bhurji- Kerala version, where we don’t generally add tomatoes but use grated coconut. Ask me, I have had so many varieties of Egg Bhurjis. 🙂
Eggs – 2
Onion – 1/2, chopped
Green chilli – 2, chopped
Coconut – 1/4 cup
Cumin – a pinch
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Crushed pepper – ½ tsp
Coconut oil (preferably)
- Beat the eggs and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once it splutters, add the finely chopped onion and green chillies.
- Saute for a couple of minutes and add turmeric powder, salt and curry leaves. Mix well. Add the beaten eggs and scramble them.
- Cook till half done. Add grated coconut and mix.
- Cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Add crushed pepper and serve hot with rice or toast.
1,890 total views, 4 views today