Today marks the successful completion of four years in the Multi National Company that I am employed with. Whoa! Four years! Just seems like yesterday when I stepped foot on this IT giant, all scared and sweaty, not knowing what to expect. From then on, I have come a long way. Commemorating the success and happiness, I had written a post here at the tomato blog. Also, I decided to celebrate by preparing this amazing dish. Brimming with Asian flavours, this easy one-pot dish is filling. The peas and coriander goes well with prawns.
15mins was all that took to prepare this exotic food. Do not believe me? Try it, I say.
1 ½ cups of Cooked White Rice
1 medium-sized Onion, finely chopped
6 Cloves of Garlic, minced/finely chopped
1 red Chilli, sliced
1 tsp of Dark Soy Sauce
150gms of peeled prawns, (I used small ones)
2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
A handful of frozen peas
1 Tbsp of Fish Sauce
½ cup of Cilantro, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a tbsp of the oil in a wok and add the onion, garlic and chilli. Saute for a min and let it cook for a couple of minutes until golden.
- Add prawns and mix well. Cook for 4-5mins.
- Add the rice and peas, and tossing well. Add the soy and fish sauce along with chopped coriander. Keep warm while you fry the eggs.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil to fry the eggs with some seasoning. Divide the fried rice mix between 2 bowls and top each with a fried egg.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
Recipe Courtesy: Good Food magazine, February 2013
3,282 total views, 2 views today