Carrot Ribbon Salad is refreshing summer salad made by peeling the carrots into ribbons and then dressing in a sweet yet slightly spicy honey vinaigrette.
You know that I am at home in Kerala. Apart from gorging on yummy delicacies made by mom and mother-in-law, and enjoying the Kerala monsoon (believe me, it's a sight to behold!), a trip to Kerala also means an unavoidable situation for me - steering clear of my Dad harping on me all the time, because guess what! His little girl has now become plump! Oh.. well!
And thus I decided to try out few simple yet different salads (once in a while, that is) for the first time in my life! This recipe is inspired from the Carrot Ribbon Salad on EatingWell. I have added few twists so that it would suit my palate. Needless to say, that it is pretty easy to prepare and Man! Look at the color! It is refreshing and so pleasing to the eye. It would be a great addition to your Summer parties for sure!
How to Prepare Carrot Ribbon Salad with Sesame Honey Dressing
Carrot Ribbon Salad can be made in a matter of minutes. All you've got to have is a vegetable peeler to peel the carrots into thin long ribbons. Throw in some nuts and toasted sesame and then dress in a sweet, tangy honey vinaigrette. That's it! Done!
Carrot Ribbon Salad Recipe:Print
Carrot Ribbon Salad with Sesame Honey Dressing
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 Carrots
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 2 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoon Fresh orange juice, or lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 2 sprig Mint Leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Whisk together the honey, rice vinegar, minced garlic, salt and pepper, sesame oil, red chili and orange/lemon juice until combined, to make the dressing.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel down the length of the carrots in order to shave off long wide ribbons of it.
- Toss the vinaigrette to the ribbon carrots, garnish with mint leaves and some toasted sesame seeds (you can also use groundnuts).
- Serve immediately or you can also chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, and serve chilled.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
Now I can say that I love salads! I can eat them forever and ever!
Love it? You should pin it for later!
This looks drool worthy ! Healthy and yummy.
Aesha Shah says
Loving every recipe you have posted, Shalini. Carrot salad would be a healthy recipe for winters.
Sounds delicious! 🙂 Will try!
Opinionated Mua says
I love salads. Different dressings and flavours is what am on the lookout for all the time. Thanks for sharing, am gonna try this. *Need To Go Shopping*
Nibha Gupta says
This one sure looks fancy but a quick recipe for sure!
keerthi vydyula says
Loved this recipe shalini! I was thinking of including salad in my diet regularly. Guess i will start with this recipe!
I do not have Rice vinegar though, what can i replace it with?