Coconut Curry Chicken is a creamy Indian curry packed with flavor and taste. For an additional twist, the gravy is infused with the warm malty flavor of tea.
I love curries and I believe, it is a great side to Indian flatbreads (Rotis or Naans) and rice. Here I am going to share the recipe of a simple coconut curry chicken but with a little twist. I am going to infuse the curry with some tea. Yes, you heard that right.
Coconut Curry Chicken is a simple, quick, and easy-to-make dish. When you’re not sure what to prepare for dinner, this curry chicken will help you through.
I love watching food shows and I always wondered how a Tea-Smoked Salmon or Earl-Grey Tea Cake would taste like.
But I suck at baking and never got around trying out these recipes. That’s when I found a recipe by one of my favorite chefs – Vikas Khanna where he prepared prawns in a tea-infused curry. That gave me the motivation to try out something similar.
Coconut Curry Chicken in a Tea-Infused Gravy
Preparing the Tea sauce will take about half an hour and this deliciousness is definitely worth the wait. Great for special days and rainy evenings! What more could you want!
1.To make Coconut Curry Chicken with a Tea-Infused Gravy, let’s first marinate the chicken pieces with honey, turmeric powder, and salt for about 15 minutes.
2. Now, we are going to brew tea leaves in coconut milk. For this, add about two teaspoons of loose tea/tea leaves in about 1.5 cups of coconut milk. Let it simmer for 20 mins.
3. Strain and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and pan-fry the marinated chicken pieces till you get a golden crust. The chicken should be 3/4th cooked. We will be cooking it again when the curry sauce is ready.
5. To the same pan, add the remaining oil. Add garlic, slit green chilies and finely chopped onions. Saute.
6. Pour the tea sauce and bring it to a boil.
7. Add curry powder and mix well.
8. Place the pan-fried chicken and let it cook for about 10-15 mins. Remove from flame.
9. Add two tablespoons of fresh cream and mix well.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves and green chilies.
You can add thinly sliced carrots or colored bell peppers as well.
Feel free to swap chicken with any protein of your choice. Maybe turkey, lamb, eggs or tofu? Keep in mind the cooking time of the protein though.
Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe:Print
The sauce is a super-simple thing to make. It’s creamy, slightly sweet and spicy imbibed with a delicious tea flavor and aroma. It’s superbly well-balanced and I’d say treat yourself with this bowl of goodness this weekend.
Like it? Pin it!
That’s all for now, folks!
Find more curries here.
Tag me on Instagram @somethingis_cooking
Don’t miss out on any new updates.
Subscribe to my blog (find the subscription box below and on top of the website).
Share and connect with me on social media.
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube