Egg Roll in a Bowl is an easy Keto recipe that comes together in under 15 minutes. Made with ground meat and vegetables, it is a perfect low-carb, healthy, and quick one-skillet dinner.
Egg Roll in a Bowl is a great alternative to those unhealthy, greasy, deep-fried wraps which are popular street foods. Here, we have the filling of the egg roll, but without the wrapper.
A while ago when I was following the Ketogenic Diet, I used to have this dish regularly. That’s mainly because it comes together in under 15 minutes without compromising on the taste of an actual egg roll.
Egg Roll in a Bowl is a beautiful one-pot or one-skillet dish full of fresh vegetables and protein in a savory sauce. I really can’t take credit for the recipe because it is smeared across the internet. However, this recipe is easily customizable to suit your palate and that makes it versatile.
What Makes This Egg Roll in a Bowl Popular?
There are many reasons why this dish is loved. As I mentioned early, it is:
- uses only one-pot/one-skillet, ie., fewer dirty dishes (?)
- comes together in under 15 minutes
- customizable based on your dietary preferences
- keto-friendly by substituting soy sauce with coconut aminos
- whole-30 compliant, ie., there is no soy, grains, gluten, or sweeteners.
- paleo with no dairy or cereals
- healthy and
- delicious without the greasy wrappers!
What Are The Ingredients in Egg Roll in a Bowl?
This is not one of those fancy recipes which requires exotic ingredients. Rather, you may customize according to your dietary preferences and needs. You’ll need:
- Ground meat of your choice – you may use ground pork, turkey or chicken.
- Thinly sliced onions, cabbage, bell peppers
- Soy Sauce – substitute with coconut aminos if you are Keto or Whole-30 or if you do not tolerate soy well.
There can be many variations to this dish, mainly:
- Use coleslaw mix – if you do not like chopping or shredding vegetables, get packaged coleslaw mix which will include cabbage, carrots, mushrooms and other fresh vegetables.
- Use broccoli coleslaw instead of regular slaw.
- Based on your meat preference, use ground pork or chicken. You may even use shrimp or beef. As always, keep in mind the diet you are in and swap accordingly.
- Use a sriracha-mayo dressing for added flavor.
- Though this recipe is named ‘Egg’ Roll in a Bowl, eggs are optional. So, I haven’t used it in the recipe. That said, you may scramble some eggs and add it in the end before garnishing with spring onion greens. Toss, garnish, and serve.
- This recipe makes enough for two bowls without leftovers.
- You may prep the vegetables beforehand and refrigerate so that it’d be even easier to prepare the next time!
How to Make Egg Roll in a Bowl Video
If you enjoyed this video, please subscribe to Youtube Channel and click the bell icon so you’ll be the first to know when I post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
- Heat sesame oil in a pan. SESAME OIL is important! It gives a beautiful Asian flavor to the dish. So, do not omit it, if you can help it.
- Add finely chopped garlic and saute.
- Add ground chicken (or any meat of your choice) and cook until it’s no longer pink.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix again.
- Add vegetables or coleslaw. Toss.
- Add soy sauce and red chilli flakes. Combine well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with spring onion greens (and scrambled eggs- optional!).
- Serve hot.
| Find other Keto Recipes on the Blog
Can I Make Keto Egg roll in a Bowl Ahead of Time?
Yes. This makes for a great meal prep! Prep the coleslaw ahead of time. If you are using a sriracha-mayo sauce for dressing, store it separately.
You may also choose to make this recipe in bulk for it makes great leftovers as well.
Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe:
Like it? Pin it!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram @somethingis_cooking
Don’t miss out on any new updates.
Subscribe to my blog (find the subscription box below and on top of the website).
Share and connect with me on social media.
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
909 total views, 3 views today