Coconut Ladoo with condensed milk, detailed recipe with step-by-step pictures and instructions
Coconut Ladoo is a quick and easy Indian sweet made with only 3 ingredients. It can be made in just 7 minutes!
I was looking for quick and easy recipes for the letter C and I didn't want to do a chicken recipe and make it so obvious. Mom suggested this Instant Coconut Ladoo with condensed milk and I knew there can't be any other recipe that can be easier to make, than this.
I had all the ingredients in hand and I made this in 7 minutes straight. It was that easy!
Traditionally made with fresh coconut, jaggery, sugar, and milk, this instant coconut ladoo is made with only three ingredients - desiccated coconut, condensed milk, and cardamom powder.
Coconut Ladoo or Nariyal Ladoo is usually prepared during festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi, Diwali, Holi, Raksha Bandhan, and Navratri. Ladoos are Lord Ganesha's favorite and it seems he has got a special place in his heart for the ones made with coconut. So, these ladoos are offered as Naivedyam to the Lord.
There are different ways to making Coconut Ladoo, namely:
- Made with fresh coconut, milk, and sugar
- Made with fresh/frozen coconut and jaggery
- Made with desiccated coconut and condensed milk
Traditional ladoos with fresh coconut and milk takes a long time to prepare. Of course, the effort is worth it because the result is mind-blowingly sumptuous. We will be going for the instant method- Coconut ladoo with desiccated coconut using condensed milk, recreating a similar taste.
Condensed milk, a popular brand in India being Nestle Milkmaid, is a boon to mankind. It reduces the cooking process to a minimum, especially during festivals like Diwali where we make many varieties of desserts and sweets.
Instant Coconut ladoos are
- easy to prepare with a straightforward recipe
- no slaving away in the kitchen for hours
- best instant cravings fix!
- loved by kids
- sweetness can be adjusted by the amount of desiccated coconut
How to Make Coconut Ladoo with Milkmaid
- To make instant nariyal ladoo, heat desiccated coconut in a nonstick pan in low heat. Mix for a minute till warm.
- Add condensed milk and combine well. The mixture will be slightly sticky. But within a minute it is come off from the sides and become thick. This will take about two minutes.
- Add crushed cardamom or powdered cardamom. Mix again and remove from flame. Let it cool for two minutes.
- Once it is slightly cooled, divide the mixture into equal parts and roll to make smooth balls out of them. You will be able to make 6 to 7 ladoos.
- Place each ladoo in desiccated coconut and roll to coat the surface evenly.
- Coconut ladoo is ready. You may serve immediately or after about half an hour. This will make the ladoos harden a bit.
Tips to Make Coconut Ladoo with Condensed Milk
- Use good quality fine or medium-fine desiccated coconut. The texture of the desiccated coconut makes or breaks the dish.
- If you have the coarse variety, grind the desiccated coconut till you get a fine powder.
- Do not use spoiled or rancid coconut for making this recipe.
- Depending on your taste, the sweetness can be adjusted. One cup of desiccated coconut requires half a cup of condensed milk. This ratio is perfect if you are looking for a sweet ladoo. I used about 1 and ¼ cups of coconut for a moderately sweet ladoo.
- Use a nonstick pan for cooking coconut with condensed milk. It will help in avoiding the mixture sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cooking should only be done in low heat. We are not looking for the coconut to turn brown. Usually, the coconut gets warmed up in about 2-3 minutes.
- You may add a quarter teaspoon of ghee to the pan before adding the coconut. This will help in rolling the mixture to balls easily.
- Or else, grease the palm of your hands with ghee before rolling to balls.
- You may add chopped cashew/almonds/raisins/pistachios as a small surprise stuffing inside the ladoos.
- Further, you may add a quarter teaspoon of Gulkhand as stuffing too.
- You may also press an almond, cashew, or pistachio as a garnish on top of each ladoo.
- These ladoos stay fresh at room temperature for a couple of days. Store it in an airtight container.
- You may also refrigerate the ladoos to consume within a week.
Coconut Ladoo with Condensed Milk RecipePrint
➡️ How to Make Maladu (Ladoo with Roasted Gram)
Like this recipe? Pin it!
I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterAtoZ where I'll be sharing 26 Easy Recipes with you this April. I'm dedicating the posts to the amazing community members who helped me figure out this theme for the challenge. Thank you!