Air Fryer Honey Roasted Carrots are tender, healthy, and perfectly roasted carrots that can be made in under 15 minutes in your air fryer. These roasted carrots are sweetened with honey and perfectly seasoned and make for a great side.
Carrots are my favorite! In fact, I was called rabbit as a kid because I could be found sneaking in a carrot or two every now and then from the pantry. Even now, I always make sure to grab a handful whenever I am at the grocers.
Honey Glazed Carrots are flavorful, roasted, and slightly caramelized carrots. The naturally sweet carrots further highlight their flavor when toasted with the savory-sweet honey seasoning. It makes for a quick side on a busy weekday or when you need to whip up something for a large gathering like Thanksgiving or Christmas day.
We realized that having an air fryer is such a boon. I continue to experiment and make delicious healthy recipes with the help of air fryers, every now and then.
If you are still on the fence about buying an air fryer, may be you should check out these blog posts.
➡️ Everything You Need to Know About the Air Fryer
Honey Roasted Carrots are
- easy to make
- perfect side
- can be made in an air fryer, stovetop, or an oven
- air fryer roasted carrots get a perfect char
- honey garlic sauce can be used to roast other veggies as well
How to Roast Carrots
Roasting carrots whether it is on an air fryer, oven or stovetop is fairly simple.
You may peel the carrots or leave the skin on (especially if you are using baby carrots). If you prefer not to peel the carrots, scrub well to remove any dirt before using it for the recipe.
Trim the ends if you are using baby carrots or chop into bite-sized pieces.
Drizzle the delicious honey garlic sauce and combine well with the carrots.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Honey Roasted Carrots
- Carrots: You can use baby carrots as well as regular carrots for this recipe. Baby carrots are easier as you needn't peel them. Scrub them clean and trim the edges before adding the sauce. If you are using regular carrots, peel (or leave the skin on, your preference totally!) and chop into2" pieces.
Orange-colored carrots work best.
- Honey: Use liquid honey for the recipe. If the honey is too thick, microwave it for about 10 seconds to thin it. Also, the darker the honey, the bolder the flavors. So, try the variety of honey that suits your palate.
- Oil: I use olive oil for coating the carrots. You can also use avocado oil or butter.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, lemon juice, dill leaves, and minced garlic is what I added for flavorings. You can add oregano if you wish to.
Roasting Carrots in Air Fryer
The best part about this recipe is that you may not even preheat your air fryer. I have tried both methods - preheating and without preheating and there wasn't any different.
Add the sauce-coated carrots into the air fryer and air fry for about 17-20 minutes. Place the carrots in a single layer as far as possible to ensure even roasting.
A delicious basketful of honey-roasted carrots is ready for your meal.
Season with salt and pepper if you wish to. But it really isn't required.
You may also drizzle a little of the leftover sauce too! There is nothing called too much flavour!!!!
Air Fryer Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe:Print
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 persons 1x
Air Fryer Honey Roasted Carrots are tender, healthy, and perfectly roasted carrots that can be made in under 15 minutes in your air fryer.
- ½ kg Carrots
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Pepper, crushed
- 1 tbsp Dill leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- Wash, clean, and peel the carrots. If you are using baby carrots, you may leave the skin on. If so, scrub well to remove any dirt.
- Trim the ends if you are using baby carrots. If you are using regular carrots, chop them into 2" inch pieces.
- To make the honey garlic sauce, mix together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dill leaves, and minced garlic.
- Pour the honey garlic sauce over the carrots and coat them well.
- Place the sauce-coated carrots into the air fryer basket, in a single layer as far as possible.
- Air fry for about 17-20 minutes at about 370 F or 190 C.
- For garnishing, you may drizzle a little of the leftover sauce or fresh dill leaves.
- Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer honey roasted carrots, air fryer honey glazed carrots, air fryer carrots, how to cook carrots in air fryer, roasted carrots
Like this recipe? Pin it!
I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterAtoZ where I'll be sharing 26 Easy Recipes with you this April. I'm dedicating the posts to the amazing community members who helped me figure out this theme for the challenge. Thank you!
These turned out amazing in my air fryer! Will definitely make again! Thanks!
Dipika Singh says
This looks such an easy peasy and yet super tempting recipe, Shalini. Time I get my hands on an air fryer immediately now.
Mayuri Nidigallu says
Seeing all your super quick and easy recipes for an Air Fryer I am tempted to buy one too!
Harshita Nanda says
This seems like such a simple recipe to get the kids to eat carrots!!
Lisa Elliott says
I made carrots in the air fryer for this first time this week! I was just guessing at the time. I added ginger and nutmeg to our carrots just to try out something different.
Aesha Shah says
My mouth is watering, right now! Such a super easy recipe.
Roshan Radhakrishnan says
One of my biggest regrets is leaving the air fryer back at home... Amma never uses it and we don't get the chance also