Air Fryer Honey Roasted Carrots are tender, healthy, and perfectly roasted carrots that can be made in under 15 minutes in your air fryer. These roasted carrots are sweetened with honey and perfectly seasoned and make for a great side.
Carrots are my favorite! In fact, I was called rabbit as a kid because I could be found sneaking in a carrot or two every now and then from the pantry. Even now, I always make sure to grab a handful whenever I am at the grocers.
Honey Glazed Carrots are flavorful, roasted, and slightly caramelized carrots. The naturally sweet carrots further highlight their flavor when toasted with the savory-sweet honey seasoning. It makes for a quick side on a busy weekday or when you need to whip up something for a large gathering like Thanksgiving or Christmas day.
We realized that having an air fryer is such a boon. I continue to experiment and make delicious healthy recipes with the help of air fryers, every now and then.
If you are still on the fence about buying an air fryer, may be you should check out these blog posts.
Honey Roasted Carrots are
- easy to make
- perfect side
- can be made in an air fryer, stovetop, or an oven
- air fryer roasted carrots get a perfect char
- honey garlic sauce can be used to roast other veggies as well
How to Roast Carrots
Roasting carrots whether it is on an air fryer, oven or stovetop is fairly simple.
You may peel the carrots or leave the skin on (especially if you are using baby carrots). If you prefer not to peel the carrots, scrub well to remove any dirt before using it for the recipe.
Trim the ends if you are using baby carrots or chop into bite-sized pieces.
Drizzle the delicious honey garlic sauce and combine well with the carrots.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Honey Roasted Carrots
- Carrots: You can use baby carrots as well as regular carrots for this recipe. Baby carrots are easier as you needn't peel them. Scrub them clean and trim the edges before adding the sauce. If you are using regular carrots, peel (or leave the skin on, your preference totally!) and chop into2" pieces.
Orange-colored carrots work best.
- Honey: Use liquid honey for the recipe. If the honey is too thick, microwave it for about 10 seconds to thin it. Also, the darker the honey, the bolder the flavors. So, try the variety of honey that suits your palate.
- Oil: I use olive oil for coating the carrots. You can also use avocado oil or butter.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, lemon juice, dill leaves, and minced garlic is what I added for flavorings. You can add oregano if you wish to.
Roasting Carrots in Air Fryer
The best part about this recipe is that you may not even preheat your air fryer. I have tried both methods - preheating and without preheating and there wasn't any different.
Add the sauce-coated carrots into the air fryer and air fry for about 17-20 minutes. Place the carrots in a single layer as far as possible to ensure even roasting.
A delicious basketful of honey-roasted carrots is ready for your meal.
Season with salt and pepper if you wish to. But it really isn't required.
You may also drizzle a little of the leftover sauce too! There is nothing called too much flavour!!!!
Air Fryer Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe:Print
Like this recipe? Pin it!
I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterAtoZ where I'll be sharing 26 Easy Recipes with you this April. I'm dedicating the posts to the amazing community members who helped me figure out this theme for the challenge. Thank you!