How to Make Lemongrass Tea
Lemongrass Tea is an easy-to-make delicious herby beverage that leaves you refreshed after having a cup of tea.
My home in Pune city, about 7 years ago had lemongrass in the backyard and lemongrass tea with milk was our daily go to drink every evening. Apart from having many health benefits, its lemony, citrusy flavor is addictively delicious. Sometimes, lemongrass tea is all you need for a quick pick me up!
Lemongrass tea is
- easy to prepare
- tastes delicious
- can be prepared with fresh lemongrass or dried ones
- can be made with or without milk
- leaves you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated
Lemongrass Tea Benefits
Lemongrass tea has many health benefits. It helps in relieving anxiety and aids in weight loss. It also helps in lowering cholesterol and preventing infection. Regular intake of lemongrass helps in relieving pain and bloating and in boosting oral health and red blood cell levels.
How to Make Lemongrass Tea
There are many ways that you can prepare Lemongrass Tea. You may use fresh lemongrass or dried lemongrass for making tea. You may also brew the tea with or without milk. Further, you can also make lemongrass iced tea. The options are endless.
Making Lemongrass Tea at Home
- How to make lemongrass tea from fresh lemongrass and without milk
Pour water into a pan and add freshly cut lemongrass. Add loose tea/tea leaves/tea bags to the water and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 7-10 minutes. Strain and serve with or without adding sugar.
- How to make lemongrass tea from dried lemongrass
The method remains the same. Depending on whether you have dried lemongrass, leaves or stalks, adjust the instructions a little. If you are using lemongrass stalk, bruise them a little with the side of a knife. This will help infuse the flavor more on the tea.
- How to make lemongrass tea with milk
Pour water into a pan and add freshly cut lemongrass. Add loose tea/tea leaves/tea bags to the water and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 7-10 minutes. Add milk and simmer for a few more minutes. Add sweetener of your choice and serve hot.
How to Make Lemongrass and Ginger Tea
I add a little bit of chopped ginger too while making my lemongrass tea. Here are the step-by-step instructions with pictures.
- Bruise the lemongrass stalk a little with the side of a knife. This will help infuse the flavor more on the tea.
- Pour water into a pan and add freshly cut lemongrass.
- Add loose tea/tea leaves/tea bags to the water and bring to a boil. If you are adding ginger, now is the time. Add chopped or grated ginger to the boiling water.
- Simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add milk and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add sweetener of your choice. You may use honey, sugar, stevia, or erythritol.
- Strain and serve hot with biscuits, tea cake, or tea rusk.
Lemongrass Tea with MilkPrint
Like this recipe? Pin it!
✨Try these out next! ✨
I’m participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterAtoZ where I’ll be sharing 26 Easy Recipes with you this April. I’m dedicating the posts to the amazing community members who helped me figure out this theme for the challenge. Thank you!