Honey Chilli Prawns is an insanely delicious super easy appetizer that can be made in under 20 minutes! The sweet and spicy flavors of the honey chilli sauce are perfect with the shrimp and are ideal as a side with noodles and rice.
You'd be seeing quite a few one-pot meals or under 30-minute meals all through April and I'm glad you are liking the recipes that I am sharing. If you have any particular dishes in mind, let me know. I'd be happy to share the recipe with you.
We got hold of some beautiful tiger prawns last day and I knew I had to make Honey Chilli Prawns right away. It was a regular at home because my husband loves it a lot with garlic rice.
I knew Dad was going to love it too and we are also joined by my brother-in-law and together, they licked their bowls clean. Ah, I will be making this recipe at least once a week now, I am sure.
This easy honey garlic prawns has a sauce that is not so soupy or thick. It is just enough to coat the rice or noodles perfectly and will have you smacking your lips with utmost satisfaction.
Honey Chilli Sauce
This hot and sweet sauce is loaded with flavors from garlic, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, and honey. The prawns is stir-fried for a couple of seconds until it is well-coated with the sauce.
Serve over a bed of flavorful basmati rice, jasmine rice, or noodles.
Honey Chilli Prawns are
- easy to make
- can be prepared in under 20 minutes
- perfect as an appetizer
- perfect as a side dish for rice and noodles
- can be added to wraps and tortillas
- can be served with veggies like Broccoli or Bak Choy
Ingredients for Asian Honey Glazed Prawns
- Prawns: I have always been a fan of fresh prawns because I thought frozen prawns were not the same. I was ready to do the extra work of peeling and deveining the prawns. But frozen prawns these days are amazing! They taste good and it is an easy shortcut for everyday cooking purposes.
- Sesame oil: Sesame oil works best when you prepare any Chinese dish. This brings out the authentic taste of Chinese cuisine.
- Marination: We will be coating the prawns with cornflour and season them with salt and pepper before lightly cooking them in sesame oil.
- Soy sauce, Sriracha Sauce, and Vinegar bring out the flavorings in the sauce.
- Honey: I am vary of "cooking" honey because heating honey damages its nutritional properties. So, I make sure that there is no prolonged exposure to heat in my dish when cooking with honey. I always drizzle honey after taking off from heat, to coat with the sauce.
- Garlic: You may use minced garlic or finely chopped garlic. Take it up a notch by frying the garlic until golden brown to bring a burnt garlic flavor to the dish.
Making Sticky Honey Chilli Garlic Prawns
- To make honey chilli prawns, marinate the prawns with salt, pepper, and cornflour for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and add the marinated prawns to it.
- Flip and cook both sides. This will take 3-5 minutes only. Remove from the pan.
- To the same pan, add garlic and saute until it is golden brown.
- Add the sauces and cook for a couple of minutes on low flame.
- Add the cooked prawns and coat them with the sauce.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and chopped dry red chilies.
- Serve as an appetizer or as a side with rice or noodles.
Serve Honey Chilli Prawns With:
Honey Chilli Prawns RecipePrint
Honey Chilli Prawns
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 3 persons 1x
Honey Chilli Prawns is an insanely delicious super easy appetizer that can be made in under 20 minutes!
250 gms Tiger Prawns (frozen or fresh)
½ tsp Pepper powder
2 tbsp Cornflour
3-4 tablespoon Sesame oil
4 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp Ginger (optional)
2 tbsp Light soy sauce
1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
½ tbsp Rice Vinegar
Spring onion greens, for garnish
Dry red chilies, chopped, for garnish
To make honey chilli prawns, marinate the prawns with salt, pepper, and cornflour for 5-10 minutes.
Heat sesame oil in a pan and add the marinated prawns to it.
Flip and cook both sides. This will take 3-5 minutes only. Remove from the pan.
To the same pan, add garlic and saute until it is golden brown.
Add the sauces and cook for a couple of minutes on low flame.
Add the cooked prawns and coat them with the sauce.
Garnish with spring onion greens and chopped dry red chilies.
Serve as an appetizer or as a side with rice or noodles.
Prawns get cooked easily. It will take bout 3-5 minutes only to cook the prawns. Any further cooking will result in chewy and rubbery prawns.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: honey chilli prawns, honey garlic prawns, honey prawns, honey prawns sauce
✨Try these out next! ✨
Love this recipe? Pin it!
I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterAtoZ where I'll be sharing 26 Easy Recipes with you this April. I'm dedicating the posts to the amazing community members who helped me figure out this theme for the challenge. Thank you!
Roshan Radhakrishnan says
I keep thinking of how our parents would cook prawns Kerala style ... definitely more than 5 minutes there... we were so used to that form until we grew up and started watching cooking shows and reading articles on it.
P.S. Thanks for the tip on using honey OFF the heat... havent been doing that
Corinne Rodrigues says
So yummy they look! Ordering prawns right away!
Mayuri Nidigallu says
I would happily polish off a whole bowl of these! Scrumptious! Love the plating too!
I love Sriracha sauce and shrimp. I am sure I would enjoy making this recipe, Weekends In Maine
Harshita Nanda says
being a vegetarian I don't eat non-veg, but I did make this once with potatoes. Btw is there any brand of rice vinegar that you would recommend?
Purba Chakraborty says
This looks so yummy! Wonderful recipe.
Deepti Menon says
This is mouthwatering, Shalini! :Love the dish and the pictures... drool, drool!
A wonderful recipe it is, but can i replace prawns with some other ingredient like chicken maybe because my kids are not too entusiastic about prawns. would love your feed back. thanks
Aesha Shah says
I can't make non-veg at home, but I do eat it so maybe I will try this recipe if available at some restaurant or will ask my friend to make it for me once back at Mumbai.
This looks super simple. Me being a vegetarian, will exchange prawns for paneer or potato and try this.
I'm a vegetarian and would love to try this recipe with paneer or tofu. Few ingredients but indeed yum!
This recipe is really insanely delicious! I made it for our lunch: my guys are asking for more. 🙂
Diana Reis says
The sweet and spicy combination is perfect! Love this recipe.
This looks absolutely fantastic! I love prawns but I don't cook with them enough, so this is the perfect excuse to buy some and make this delicious dish!
The honey adds just the right amount of sweetness to this dish!
Shanna M. says
OMG!! The honey chili sauce on top was amazing. This is the best prawns that I have ever had.
Pooja N Gowda says
I love anything that has to do with a combination of honey and chilli. I'm going to try this soon.